Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rob Schwager Sidewinder Print Release Details



 Rob Schwager's story on how he created this print is great :

After getting married (15 years ago) my wife and I left Chicago and moved out to Phoenix, Arizona for a few years. We’ve crisscrossed the country a few more times since then, but my heart has always remained in Arizona.

Over the past year or two, I had been kicking around an idea to do an Arizona-themed print, but it was while I was researching my favorite 1930’s advertising illustrator, Vernon Grant, that I came up with the idea for this print. (Vernon is best known for his creation of the characters Snap, Crackle and Pop for Kellogg’s.)
It’s both an homage to the genius of Vernon’s amazing artwork and also to the southwest landscape of Arizona, one of the places I love best in the world.

 “Sidewinder”

Notes:
- Hand-printed
- 18″ x 24″ on 100lb American made Cougar natural cover weight paper
- Printed with water based non-toxic inks
- Signed and numbered, edition of 100

 Available tonight, at 7pm in the Tiny Bird Press webstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in