Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dan Grzeca Glen Hansard & Swans Bonnaroo Posters

Dan Grzeca has returned from the Bonnaroo Festival and put his Glen Hansard & Swans posters up for sale.



This is the official poster commemorating Glen Hansard's wonderful performance at the 2013 edition of Bonnaroo, the music festival in Manchester TN. The print is 3 colors , 18 x 24 and is a signed and numbered edition of 150.

I asked Dan the idea behind the design:
 I wanted to pay homage to Glen's music by depicting a landscape that paid tribute to the emotional quality of his solo LP.  It seemed fitting to depict a very expressionistic, painterly version of the mountains of Tennessee, since I've been driving though them the last few years to make my way down to Bonnaroo.  Pretty simple idea and I think it worked well in this case.  The trick with landscape is to understand the power of the emotion you are trying to depict and make sure it fits the music .



Next up is the official poster commemorating Swans crushing and beautiful performance at Bonnaroo Music Festival in June 2013. The poster is 18 x 24 , 3 colors on White Stock and is a signed and numbered edition of 150.

The idea for the image came from stumbling across a copy of a self published art anthology zine I put out 20 years ago called "Chop Fold and Grind"  The image was similar in composition, with an isolated dog-like creature in a clearing with tall trees behind it.  I always thought the image could look better and when I found this the other week, I instantly felt that a new version of this idea would fit with Swans music- brooding, dark, laden with emotion and tension, yet still clinging to hope.  That's what I felt when I listened to "The Seer" for the first time, I mean, what an incredible record!  After that , it all just fell into place with drawing the image out, it went very smoothly. I used transparent silver and blue inks on this and am very pleased with the results. -Dan
He has these plus a couple of posters for The Lumineers for sale in his store HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in