Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jeff Soto The Sotofish Seeker Friend #16 Print On Wood


This is a 6" x 6" UV print on sustainable FSC certified 3/4" plywood. Comes ready to hang, and is signed and numbered. This is the sixteenth print in a series of these little creatures. Jeff Soto shares some thoughts:

"I wanted to change it up for the last print in this set. People ask what they look like underneath all that fur, so I decided to figure it out. The Sotofish has been a reoccurring motif in my work since I was twelve, and I didn't realize they were also under the Seeker Friend's fur until about half way through this set! I also thought it'd be fun to do a set of prints that showed a narrative.

This is the 16th print in the set. The end. I just want to say thanks to everyone who has supported this project. It has been fun, and I feel like of anything I have done so far in my career, it connected me the most with my fans. You sent me pictures of your kids holding the Seeker Friends, I got to see where they hang in your homes, people gave them as gifts to their friends and lovers, kids painted their own rendition of these guys, it's been awesome! Thank you!

So yeah, technically, this is the last print in the set. I wanted 16 so they could be displayed in a nice sized rectangle. However, this is not the last Seeker Friend. I realized halfway through that there were some ideas that never became paintings, The Collector, The Fiesty, The Catcher, The Cryer, The Ghost, The Grumpy, there's too many possibilities. I'm still developing their world. It feels too early to leave the Seeker Friends behind when there's so much potential still. So the Seeker Friends will return.... but very sporadically. Maybe a few per year. Maybe one every year. Who knows? Definitely not every month! Once again, thanks you guys!"
-Jeff Soto

This is a timed edition and will be available for one day only! The print will be available starting June 7th at noon PST and will be available for 24 hours. If you order one during this time, you are guaranteed to receive one. $1 from every order goes to Cuipo.org and buys a square meter of rainforest.

Available starting on June 7th at noon PST. $25 + shipping, will only be available at: http://www.printsonwood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in