Saturday, July 26, 2014

311 Boca Raton Poster by Nathaniel Deas


After wrecking Atlanta for two nights 311 have moved on to Boca Raton tonight at the Sunset Cove Amphitheatre to frighten the retirees. Nathaniel Deas did the poster and for him was a real dream come true.

Nathaniel on the poster and his love of 311:

311 immediately became my favorite band the first time I heard them at 13 years of age, and their appreciation of album art pretty much shaped the course of my life. Sitting in my room listening to "The Blue Album" over and over again, I would analyze every detail of the CD packaging while drawing the aliens and 311's logo all over my sketchbooks and school papers while saying, "this is what I want to do when I grow up." Now at 31 years of age, that dream has come true - I've finally drawn something for 311.

The poster is 3 colors (fluorescent orange, metallic silver/blue and dark fluorescent purple) on 19x25 French Oatmeal paper with a signed and numbered edition of 113. Remember to get there early if you want to have a chance at scoring one of 11 band signed posters for sale at random from the merchandise stand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in