Sunday, July 27, 2014

Nine Inch Nails & Soundgarden Toronto Tour Poster by Miles Tsang World Premiere Exclusive






When this Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden tour was announced I never thought there would be so many incredible posters created for it. It is my pleasure to show you exclusively Miles Tsang's tour poster.

Miles poster is for tonight's NIN and Soundgarden show at the Molson Canadian Amphitheater. The poster also includes three more dates with opener Oneohtrix Point Never (July 29th at Mansfield, July 30th at Camden, and August 1st at Wantagh) and is based on Caravaggio's Narcissus mashed up with various facets of Miles' favorite science fiction films. The artistic choice to go with a compositional pastiche was predominantly inspired by the opening lines of the song Copy of A originating from NIN's newest record Hesitation Marks  which comments on the ephemeral, recycled nature of contemporary art and culture amongst other things:

"I am just a copy of a copy of a copy
Everything I say has come before
Assembled into something into something into something
I am never certain anymore
I am just a shadow of a shadow of a shadow
Always trying to catch up with myself
I am just an echo of an echo of an echo
Listening to someone's cry for help"

The print is 23.5" x 17.75", it features a glow in the dark layer, a subtle metallic under base, and is of an edition of 400. There will be 75 allocated for sale at each of the shows listed, although the only place to get one online will be through Miles Tsang after August 2nd.

1 comment:

  1. I scored one of these last night in Toronto and it is also signed by the members of NIN and Soundgarden

    ReplyDelete

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in