Monday, July 6, 2015

Laurent Durieux Telluride Film Festival 2015 Poster


The 42nd Telluride Film Festival runs from September 4th to 7th, 2015, over Labor Day Weekend, in Telluride, Colorado. Finally this year they got a great artist to do the poster for the event, Laurent Durieux.

Here is what Laurent said about the poster:
"It's a great honor for me to have been asked to design this year's poster for the Telluride Film Festival. To be associated with so many great names of graphic design and fine arts is, on its own, something I will cherish for a very long time. I am a big cinema enthusiast too and as such, it certainly was a thrill to work on a poster for a film festival of this calibre. My image for the poster is a tribute to the work of the great Edward Hopper whose work, like mine, is very cinematic. I came up with what I hope to be my own take of his painting, New York Movie (1939), by giving it a surreal twist and a dash of modernity. The way Hopper used shadows and lights has had a big influence on my work in general and he certainly has on this poster. I love nature too and so, naturally, I look forward to attending the festival and discover all the wonderful things this place has to offer!"
 Two versions are available, one is a litho (16x24) and there will be a limited edition screenprint version of it (24x36 inches). The silk screen editions will only be on sale at the festival. The one they have for sale now is the litho. Laurent will have AP's of both sometime in the future,

Head over to the Telluride Film Festival Shop to buy the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in