Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Danger No Smoking Shepard Fairey Print Release



Shepard Fairey is dipping into his past for his latest print release titled Danger No Smoking. 

Shepard gives a little back ground on the design:
This Danger No Smoking print is inspired by a screen print I made in 1990, which was the very first image I made addressing the environmental and health hazards of gasoline. I took this photograph in Providence, RI at the edge of a desolate graveyard, which probably intensified my interpretation of the peeling paint on the gas pump as a skull. I decided the symbolism provided by natural erosion was powerful enough to make the photo worthy of turning into a print. I always liked this image, and I rediscovered it while looking for images to include in a book surveying my entire history of environmentally themed art. I only made ten prints of the gas pump skull in 1990, so I decided I should make a new version of the image as a painting for my Paris art show, and an edition of prints accessible to more than 8 people (I kept two of the ten 1990 prints).
-Shepard
 Danger No Smoking. 18 inches by 24 inches screen-print. Numbered edition of 450. Signed by Shepard Fairey. $45. Available Thursday, May 5th at 10AM PST in the Store under Prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in