Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Witch Posters by Kelly, Tobin and Moscati Release By Hero Complex Gallery




In conjunction with Lionsgate Hero Complex Gallery are pleased to present three new official The Witch posters by artists Vance Kelly, Matt Ryan Tobin and David Moscati.

If you haven't seen this gem yet, The Witch is now available on Blu-ray™ and DVD so grab yourself a copy.
"I was thrilled to take on this project as I was an immediate fan of the film. Robert Eggers did a wonderful job tapping into the dark areas of our history and mythologies.

I always enjoy creating artwork that depicts the struggle between light and dark. After all, isn’t that the definitive process of creating art, using light and dark to create form? It was exciting to create an image that feels dark and atmospheric while using an old pen and ink style that emulates engraving and block cut techniques from the era when the film takes place.

It is my hope that the artwork serves well as a companion piece to this amazing film."- Vance Kelly
"I saw The Witch on opening weekend and absolutely fell in love. It felt like a love letter to true horror fans and film fans alike. It's my kind of film in every way. Aesthetically and sonically this film somehow captures emotion, deprivation, helplessness and compassion, as well as pure, unadulterated terror. It makes you feel something real, which can be argued isn't occurring in most modern horror films today.

With this poster I wanted to use the film's palette and imagery to create something that complimented the film rather than imposing my own interpretation. I went with "less is more" here. Blackness. Ominousness. Foreboding evil. A witch embracing her master, pure darkness in the shape of a goat - whispering in his ear - I chose to go landscape with this as it tends to create more atmosphere - a very important and beautiful attribute The Witch also has. It's not just a brilliant horror movie...it's a brilliant film."- Matt Ryan Tobin
Buy all the posters at HCGArt.com

1 comment:

  1. You have to go see the variant of the goat I wish I would have looked at this sooner! that is awesome. We have named him Taco, haven't seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in