Thursday, September 17, 2015

Joshua Budich Rise to Meet Fate Print


Joshua Budich is debuting a brand-new print through Nakatomi- and it’ll be on sale HERE Thursday at 2pm CDT in the NAKATOMI store.

“Rise to Meet Fate” is a 12×24 hand-printed silkscreen print, with a regular edition numbered out of just 150 world wide- $40! Also available in a Foil and ultra-limited WOOD variant!

From Budich-
“My kids are my two little muses. Whenever I can create art for them, about something that they love and we share together as a family, I’m all about it. Like any parent of small children, we find ourselves as adults, watching way more cartoons than we ever thought we would. But, for me as a consumer of all things visual, taking a fresh look at many of the earlier Disney films has been a blast of inspiration.
For this piece, I took inspiration from an artist I only recently discovered after watching Sleeping Beauty with more mature eyes- Eyvind Earle. Earle was the artistic director for Sleeping Beauty, creating lush and incredibly beautiful environments that were uniquely his in style. I wanted to create an homage to his work, but marry it to one of my kids’ other loves, the work of Hayao Miyazaki.
This Earle/Miyazaki mashup is my humble tribute to two of my favorite artists.”

Foil Variant- 12×24, printed on iridescent foil stock, edition of 25. $70

And finally, the wood variant- 12×24, hand-printed on wood panel- edition of 10. $100.
This wood edition is printed on fine 1/4″ birch veneer panel- and the rich wood texture shows through the ink, giving it a beautiful hand-made look.
All editions of this print will be up for sale in the ART PRINTS section of the Nakatomi store HERE at 2pm CENTRAL time on Thursday the 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in