Thursday, October 6, 2016

Jim Evans TAZ Band of Horses Austin Poster World Premiere Exclusive


SCREAMING EAGLE OVER AUSTIN!

Band of Horses will be at Stubb’s legendary Waller Creek Amphitheatre tonight, and will have a limited number of these new posters by Jim Evans / TAZ to commemorate the event.

The size of the poster is 18x24, and it’s a 4-color silkscreen featuring a split fountain, it is printed on #100 Cougar paper. Jim will have 40 signed and numbered pieces to sell through Limited Runs www.limitedruns.com

Even though he lives in Malibu, Jim loves Texas, and had this to say about the poster:
I’ve listened to Band of Horses forever, and when Paul over at Firebrand Live asked me to do a poster for their Austin slot I couldn’t resist. On this one I tried to eliminate symmetry for pure design, and I’ve been dying to do an eagle in flight. Band of Horse is a band that reminds me of Americana, and the nostalgic freedom of the past with a detour into psychedelia. For me, the music of Band of Horses and a place like Austin is just that, the scream of an eagle about to strike. I wish I were there tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in