Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jessica Hess Bayview II Series Prints from 1xRun



Spoke Art and 1xRUN have teamed up for this very special release of Jessica Hess' "Bayview II"

"My roommate spotted the graffiti from Caltrain on his morning commute to work. He thought it would provide some good subject matter for me and brought me out to the the spot he saw from the train, in Bayview. It's pretty gross under the tracks there and it is a sketchy part of town so I am glad he tagged along. I always remove trash and cars from my paintings. There were a lot of homeless camps around there. Luckily we didn't get chased by crackheads this time. Ha. I took a hundred or so photos then we went to eat BBQ. Two months later I had this lovely painting. That's the story." - Jessica Hess

There is a run of 35 prints measuring 18 x 24 Giclée on 300 gsm Italian Cold Press Water Color Paper. 1xRun are also releasing a special edition of 10 hand embellished prints also.

San Francisco-based painter Jessica Hess is a photorealistic landscape painter. Her depictions of the urban environment both celebrate and validate the art of graffiti through a fine art lens of oil paintings on canvas and gauche on paper. A graduate of RISD (Rhode Island School of Design), Hess is a recipient of the Trent Burleson Painting Prize, the Faber Birren National Color Award and the Stamford Art Association Award for Excellence.

On sale today at Noon EDT at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in