Thursday, April 30, 2015

Ricky Powell Beastie Boys The Charles Street Shuffle Print Release


Born and raised in New York City, Ricky Powell is a legendary photographer who specializes in the environmental portrait. On Thursday he has a dope new print release from 1xRUN featuring The Beastie Boys in The Charles Street Shuffle.

“This shot was from my first ‘official’ photo shoot with the Beastie Boys. We went out by the schoolyard on Charles Street and Greenwich Avenue. That was kind of a focal meeting place for everybody who grew up in the Village. We thought, whatever, we’ll shoot at the yard. Rick Rubin was there. Cey Adams was there. So we just did shots off the cuff.

At that point I was shooting pictures for about a year. I got transfigurationed from Joe Schmuck into The Rickster - Downtown Club Photographer. This was just as I was discovering what my whole steez was with photography. It’s this. It’s easy, breezy. Natural. Relaxed. I just see what I like and I push the button. I think my personality chemically worked with them. I had them laughing all the time. We made an image together that’s dope. That’s the way I like to look at it. That’s it. It was good times.” - Ricky Powell

You will have you choice of the getting the print on aluminum or canvas.

On sale Thursday at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. Totally captures and brings back my childhood!

    ReplyDelete

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in