Friday, April 17, 2015

Shepard Fairey Joan Jett I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll 33 1/3 Poster Release


Shepard Fairey will have his newest poster released by Obey Giant next week and it features Joan Jett, only wish she signed it as well.

Shepard on the poster:
Joan Jett is one of the most prolific, bad-ass women in music.  I was honored when Joan asked me to recreate the cover of her 1981 album “I Love Rock ’n Roll,” for its “33 1/3 Anniversary” Deluxe edition coming out this month.  This is one of my early favorite albums and I used to BLAST it in our house as a kid. We didn’t have a great stereo, but it was pressed loud enough to blow the doors off anyway! It is a big deal for me to work with Joan and I am really pleased with how the album design turned out.   If that’s not enough, finally, time has come for Joan’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! To celebrate Joan’s induction and re-release of her classic album, I am offering a limited print run of the design which will be available Tuesday, April 21. Congrats Joan! -Shepard
The poster is an 18 x 24 inch screen print on cream speckletone paper.  Signed and numbered edition of 550. $60. Purchase limit of 1 person/household.  Photo by Mick Rock.
Available 4/21/15 at a random time between 10am and 11am PST in Prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in