Friday, April 6, 2012

Moonalice “Grail” Poster by Chuck Sperry

 I dont know when this man finds time to sleep.

The Art of Moonalice – “Grail” Poster
Regular Edition of 50
20 x 33
6 colors on archival cream paper
Signed and Numbered

Bronze Edition of 13
20 x 33
6 colors on Metallic Bronze Paper
Signed and Numbered

Gold Edition of 13
20 x 33
6 colors on Metallic Gold Paper
Signed and Numbered
Details from Chuck Sperry:
This poster and it’s variants will be released at The Art of Moonalice Show at Brooklyn Bowl, Brooklyn, New York. I’ve reserved a portion of each edition to be released online on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at a random time.
I just returned home from printing my poster for The Art of Moonalice show in New York, Chris Shaw and Alex Fischer both helping. Great day! Really top-flight printing – happy to see that going away for a month made my printing better!
Moonalice has invited us to New York City, has chartered a private jet to bring us all there together, has reserved us a very nice mid-town hotel, and – well – will treat us like kings in New York City. I was so knocked out by this grand gesture, that I designed and printed this very limited run of posters to commemorate the event.  I created a beautiful Keeper of the Grail. The background is a graffiti abstraction – hey, it IS New York after all – and the coloration was drawn from stained glass of the cathedral at Chartres. I would like to think of the invited company of San Francisco’s amazing artists as Knights of the Round Table. I made the edition very limited to 50 – as there were 50 Arthurian Knights by some estimates – and numbered the variants at 13 – as there were some accounts that provide that number of Knights. And what with gathering of most of San Francisco’s top poster talent in one place, there is a feeling of a merry Round Table. This is going to be incredible fun!
While printing it occurred to me that given that it’s Easter weekend, with all those talented people in one private jet, well, all of our eggs are in one basket. So wish us luck!
Posters will be specially priced for the New York show release / a bit more online / and I’m afraid I won’t be bringing non-Moonalice posters with me to the event. I hope to see all my New York friends at the Brooklyn Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in