Sunday, February 23, 2014

Avett Brothers St Louis Posters by Charles Crisler



The Avett Brothers just finished up 3 concerts in St Louis and Charles Crisler did a triptych set of posters featuring each member the band for each night.

Charles on the design of the posters:

When I was approached to do the posters for The Avett Brothers’ 3-night stand in St. Louis I was truly elated as it was a gig I had had my eye on for a while. Getting things started conceptually, I found facts like Missouri being one of the most reachable destinations in the U.S. due to it’s central location and its vast number of shared state borders. The term “gateway to the west” stuck in my head as well. Travel and the relentless stamina for touring has become a reoccurring  theme in the art I create for the band and got me wondering if there was, or had been, a rail line running through St. Louis/Missouri. Sure enough there was, and the foundation of a concept was born.

Each poster is 12 x 24 with an edition of 200 with 5 colors and metallic silver ink. 

Buy them at www.27designco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in