Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dan Mumford Puppetmaster Poster Release Details From Grey Matter Art



Grey Matter Art under license from Full Moon Features is proud to present a new officially licensed, limited edition screen printed poster by artist, Dan Mumford, for the cult horror film, "Puppet Master". This will be the first officially licensed poster for Director Charles Band's iconic franchise, which was originally released in 1989, and has since spawned 10 films.

Artist: Dan Mumford
Size: 18x24
Regular Edition: 160/$45.00

Grey Matter Art will be selling this poster on their website shop page on Tuesday, February 24th at 1:00PM. est

Follow Grey Matter Art on Twitter to get a jump on the drop.

"Puppet Master is a film that always intrigued me in my youth. It was one of the many films that I would always ask my dad to rent from the video store, but would of course not be allowed to. So much like many of the other fantastic horror movies of the 80’s, its myth and mystique grew even more fascinating to me, and I would pore over the covers and try and imagine what I could from the details on the back of the box. Coupled with the fact that any puppet or toy becoming murderous is absolutely terrifying to a child, it became a film of much reverence to me. Which is strange considering I never actually watched it until I was well into my twenties. It was simply one of those films that defined 80’s horror for me, due to the premise and what I had heard of the film. When I finally did watch it, it didn't disappoint, the film is a fantastically creepy and still horrifying vision that scares to the core, and taps into those childlike fears. As a film that has spawned 10 sequels, I think it’s clearly a very special film series that people still hold dear to their heart, myself included."-Dan Mumford

"This project was very special to me in that it was one of my brother and mine's favorite films growing up. We use to watch all of the Full Moon movies, but this one always stood out to us as the best. The puppets were so well crafted, and seemed so lifelike and real. The puppets all had their certain personalities to them, but I always liked Blade and Jester the most. Blade was just such a badass,and Jester had the multiple facial expressions, depending on his mood, which always cracked me up. This was one of our first projects we spoke about doing, and we really wanted to wait for the right artist to fit this title, and with Dan Mumford, I believe we did. I think he perfectly represented each character, and his deep blues and choice of metallics just fit this piece so right. The poster is just so beautiful in person, and I think poster collectors will be really happy that there is finally one for it."- Mike Grey Matter Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in