Thursday, February 26, 2015

First Blood Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz) Movie Poster Release From Grey Matter Art




Grey Matter Art under license from StudioCanal is pleased to announce a new officially licensed, limited edition screen print for the iconic 80's film that starred Sylvester Stallone, First Blood. The artist for this project is Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz) and he captured the mood of the film just perfectly.

Artist: Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz)
Size: 24x36
Regular Edition: 300/$50.00
Variant Edition: 150/$75.00
Wood Variant Edition: 50/$250.00
Printed by: D & L Screen Printing

This poster will be released on Wednesday, March 04th on the Grey Matter Art website shop page at a random time between 1:00-2:00 PM est.

Follow them on Twitter to get a jump on the drop.

FIRST BLOOD ™ & © 1982 Studiocanal S.A
RAMBO ® is a Registered Trademark owned by Studiocanal S.A.

I love working on titles that had an impact on me back when I was growing up. First Blood (and Rambo character in general) are definitely among them. I still remember how this great piece of cinema moved me back when I saw it for the first time.
No doubt it was and remains one of the saddest movies from the 80’s. Both me and GMA guys wanted to capture some of that sadness on this image while at the same time keeping it very iconic… almost monumental.
Personally I’m very happy with the outcome. Consider this my final take on one of my biggest “old time heroes”: Sylvester Stallone. Hope I gave you justice John J... -Gabz-
"First Blood" was one of my favorite movies growing up. I loved all of those 80's films, but there were always certain ones that always stood out to me that I would watch over and over again, and this was one of them. Yes, the movie had some great action scenes, but I always thought it was such a sad film. Sylvester played this role of an outcast and an unwanted man when he came back form the war so well. You rooted for him until the last minute. And you can't forget about the music for this movie too. The film's score was composed and conducted by Jerry Goldsmith, and played so well to the film. This poster by Gabz depicts Rambo as that lonely man, and I am glad he chose to take it this way, instead of the "epic" action movie poster feel that most people think of when they envision the movie. I couldn't have asked for a better turn out from Gabz than this one".- Mike of Grey Matter Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in