Monday, February 2, 2015

Chuck Sperry The Who 50th Anniversary British Poster Release Details



At long last a great looking poster for The Who and Chuck Sperry did it. 

Chuck talks about the poster:
Often, in the 20 years I’ve been designing and printing my own rock poster art, I have been asked, “If you could do a poster for any band, one you haven’t done a poster for, which band would that be?”

I inevitably answer, “The Who.” I am honored to have been asked by The Who to create the official poster for their “50th Anniversary British Tour 2014.” And now, in their 50th year, I can check the box next to my dream-come-true, wish-list item.

It crossed my mind that in The Who’s 50th year rocking the planet, I am in my 52nd year alive. I grew up with The Who. They have colored every corner of my life for every year I’ve been alive.

I poured my love for The Who into the seven hand-screenprinted colors of my limited edition poster. I felt the design should reflect a modern, pop art, attitude. I rendered The Who’s emblematic RAF symbol in bright colors adorned with my signature psychedelic circle patterns, printed in heavy gold and silver, hand mixed inks. I’m extremely happy with the result, and couldn’t be happier to have made this piece of art for one of the best rock bands on earth.
“The Who, 50th Anniversary British Tour 2014″
21″ x 31″ inches
Limited Edition of 260 signed and numbered
7 color screen print on cream paper

Chuck Sperry will be making a very limited online release of “The Who Hits 50″ Poster on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at a random time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in