Saturday, February 28, 2015

Zombie Yeti Swans New York Poster



Zombie Yeti has released the first part of a Diptych poster for the recent Swans show in New York city. Part 2 will be revealed next month.

I asked Zombie Yeti about the design :
The story behind the design is pretty simple really. I had been looking at old Japanese matchbooks and originally wanted to do a send up to some of the fish-men style illustrations. I hate doing 'my take' on something done before so directly, so I started splintering out from that seed.

 I had intended on doing some animalistic crustaceans when I sketched this monkey head next to a skull. It all kind of clicked and I ran with the idea of a monkey crab with a skull shell. 

I stepped away and came back to it and my perspective changed a bit. That seemed to make too much sense, so I killed the claw and went for a spider-monkey with a skull shell instead and weird hybrid crustacean arm parts.


Limited edition of Gig Poster from February 26th, 2015 Bowery Ballroom New York, NY show.
The poster is 18" x 24", 3 color silk screen print on French Paper paper. Signed & Numbered.
You have your choice of two colors as well.
Standard Edition on Lemon Paper($30.00) of 50 pcs.
Variant Edition Gold Metallic Paper ($60.00) of 15 pcs.

Buy them at  http://zombieyeti.bigcartel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in