Friday, May 15, 2015

Mike Giant Burning Angel Print Release


Mike Giant will have a new 2-Color Letterpress print release with 1xRUN on Friday titled Burning Angel.

“I’m just revisiting a classic theme with this one. I’m fascinated by people who give up their lives for their faith. I feel like I’m widely known for my drawings of tattooed women. I’ve been drawing them for decades. Nothing new there really. 1xRUN liked a drawing I did many years ago in a similar fashion so I decided to just create a new piece based on the same theme. I dug through my old photos of friends and found one of Elisa Turpin that I thought would work well for this project. I printed out the photo of Elisa and mapped the contours of her face and body on tracing paper. Then I sketched on the flames and tattoos. All the sketching took about 10 hours. Once the sketch was done, I taped it to the back of a clean sheet of paper, put it on the light table and started inking the final drawing. The inking took about 10 hours to complete.” - Mike Giant

On Sale Friday at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in