Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Glenn Barr Afro Boy Print


1xRUN just released a new print by one of their favorite artists Glenn Barr and it is titled Afro Boy.

"The piece was created for my mini solo show at Miami Basel 2014. Andrew Hosner of ThinkSpace Gallery had invited me to participate at their booth where he gave me a large wall to exhibit my work. This was at one of the large satellite venues in Miami called SCOPE. “Afro Boy” was the first piece to be sold at the opening.

The original was painted in acrylic on wood. I recall when I was rendering the piece that I painted the girls face, hair and torso many times to get it right but Astro came quite quickly. I only made a few passes on his figure and it was done. I didn’t want to over work him. I think that’s why the piece has a lot of life to it. It retained the energy of the sketch." - Glenn Barr

On Sale now at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in